Bark of stem
- Diagnostic characters
- Trunk and bark
- Branches and branchlets or twigs
- Exudate absent.
- Leaves simple, opposite or sub
opposite, 7.5 - 30 by 2.5 - 9 cm. oblong to elliptic, apex pointed, base
usually cuneate, margin entire, blade leathery, slightly brownish when
drying, glaucous above, glabrous on both side.
Three main veins flat above, proeminent below, secondary veins obliquely closely percurrent to midrib. Petiole with very short hairs. Stipules absent
- Inflorescences of flowers Flowers grouped in terminal or axillary panicles, bisexual, flowers with unpleasant smell.
- Fruits Fruit is a berry, ellipsoid, 1 – 1.5 cm, long and 0.6-1 cm, wide, dark green with yellow spots, blackish-violet when ripening, calyx lobes present.
- Seeds One large seed.
- VenationMain venation close, free-ending vienlets few, unbranched; marginal venation fimbriate
- EpidermisAdaxial anticlinal walls thick and wavy, abaxial anticlinal walls wavy; stomata anomocytic
- TS Margin
- TS Midrib
- TS Petiole
- Various parts