Selasa, 12 Jun 2012

Adakah Kimo Berkesan?

My name is Chris Wark. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer in 2003, at the ripe old age of 26. I had surgery, but refused chemo. Instead I radically changed my diet and did every natural, non-toxic, alternative therapy I could find. By the grace of God, I'm alive and kicking, and cancer-free! People are always asking me about it, so I started this blog to share how I transformed my health and beat cancer without chemo. This information saved my life!


I received an email yesterday that I decided to answer on the blog. Here it is.
QUESTION:
My wife found your blog and I find it very inspirational and resourceful.
I’ve been diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer just like yours, but unlike your tumor, mine is located in the lower part of the rectal area. I have visited the oncologists and surgeons, they said the best way is to go through Chemo and Radiation in order to shrink the tumor size small enough to remove it during surgery.
I will begin my treatment next week, the chemo I’ll be taking is the pill that I’ll have to consume twice a day for 6 weeks with radiation. The doctors said I will be required to go through another chemo therapy after surgery, which would be different chemo treatment (through IV). That’s where my wife feel most uncomfortable and began researching different options such as alternative therapy. And she found your blog with some insightful information.
I changed my diet to raw organic vegetables the day I was informed that I had cancer. It was a life changing moment and left me a little confused what’s on the horizon for me.  I began to eat more raw organic food and exercise more than I have done before (I have been eating organic food and exercising moderately for years).
While I have read through some of your blogs and stories, I know you mentioned that you had surgery to remove part of the large intestine and forego chemo and radiation with alternative therapy. I am still confused about the part when you had surgery…Did you have any treatment before your surgery? I understand your blog and stories mostly mention after surgery treatment but maybe I overlooked somewhere that says anything about before surgery? I am curious to know because my age is slightly older than your age right now and I have two young daughters, too. I just do hope that everything posted on your website is true. I am not doubting anything, but I do praise your recovery and living cancer free. That’s my goal too.
Regards,
Tris

ANSWER:
Hi Tris
Yes it’s all true! Here’s what I did. I had surgery to remove the tumor first.
I did not have chemo or radiation before the surgery. During the surgery the doctor discovered that the cancer had spread to my lymphnodes (Stage 3).
After surgery the doctors recommended chemotherapy. I declined, which was not a popular decision. Most of my family thought I was crazy and it took several years and multiple cancer free reports before they came around. I believe that in some cases surgery makes sense; to get as much cancer out as possible and give your body a jump start in dealing with whatever cancerous cells are left. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have postponed surgery, pursued hardcore natural methods first for 30 days, and then had the doctors check my progress again.
If you’ve read my posts on chemotherapy then you know that my reasons to reject chemotherapy were:
-It destroys your immune system, which is the most critical component in getting well.
-It is a highly toxic carcinogen that can cause secondary cancers throughout the body.
-The reports of its effectiveness are grossly exaggerated.
A groundbreaking 14 year study was published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology in December 2004 called “The Contribution of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to 5-year Survival in Adult Malignancies”. Researchers at the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Northern Sydney Cancer Centre studied the 5-year survival rates of chemotherapy on 22 types of cancers in the US and Australia. They studied 154,971 Americans and Australians with cancer, age 20 and older, that were treated with conventional treatments, including chemotherapy. Only 3,306 had survival that could be credited to chemotherapy.
Study Results: “The overall contribution of curative and adjuvant cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5-year survival in adults was estimated to be 2.3% in Australia and 2.1 % in The USA”
Study Conclusion: “As the 5-year survival rate in Australia is now over 60%, it is clear that cytotoxic chemotherapy only makes a minor contribution to cancer survival. To justify the continued funding and availability of drugs used in cytotoxic chemotherapy, a rigorous evaluation of the cost-effectiveness and impact on quality of life is urgently required.”
The fact that chemo only contributes on average about 2% to the overall survival rate is very alarming, and probably something your doctors didn’t tell you.
It is important to remember that the “2.1% average” can be deceptive. Some cancers do respond better to chemo than others.
According to this research, the best results from chemotherapy are treating Testicular Cancer where it is 41.8% effective, and Hodgkins Disease where it is 35.8% effective.  Still not great. You can read and download the entire study HERE.
Make sure you look at the tables on page 3 and 4 which show the survival rate for each type of cancer in the US and Australia.  You will notice that the survival rate for some cancers after chemo treatment has a dash (-). That means ZERO effectiveness of chemotherapy toward 5 year survival.  And yet it is still prescribed as a treatment for these cancers today, 7 years after this study was published. Although not mentioned in their research, chemo does have a better success rate on leukemia and some childhood cancers.
As for mine and yours, chemotherapy is 1.8% effective on colon cancer and 5.4% effective on rectal cancer. That means I had a 60% chance of 5 year survival if I did nothing, and a 61.8% chance if I did chemo. Also not something the oncologist told me. As bad as all this sounds, the reality is even worse. Nowhere in the study does it say that the 3,306 patients (2.1%) that made it to the five year mark were actually cancer free. The only thing we know is that they were “still alive” at the five year mark.  It is very safe to assume that some of them still had cancer and/or died of cancer later. I would really like to see a follow up on how many of the 5-year survivors actually lived to the 10 year mark. I imagine the results would be even more brutal. As far as I know that study hasn’t happened.
So why in the world are doctors continuing to prescribe a treatment that doesn’t work on most cancers? Read my post on The Business of Chemo.
When I was where you are, back in 2004, I also knew chemo was a toxic poison, which is why I didn’t want to do it.  It didn’t make sense to me that I could poison my body back to health.  Nevertheless, in the back of my mind it was my last resort if nothing else worked.  Now after learning all that I have in the last 7.5 years, I can’t imagine a situation in which I would ever agree to chemotherapy. Today as I’m writing this post I know many people, personal friends, and folks I’ve met through the blog, whose bodies have been wrecked by chemotherapy. They’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars on these “treatments” and they still have cancer.
That is why I do this.
I am not a doctor and cannot give cancer treatment advice, but as a friend I can certainly share what I did. There’s no law against that! (yet)
A very powerful approach is converting to the Raw Vegan Diet to alkalize, detox, and flood your body with the nutrients it needs to heal itself.

This consists of:
-Juicing
-Fasting
-Giant Salads
-Green Smoothies (giant salad blended up in a Vita-Mix)
-Coconut Berry Smoothies


Read the books on my Resources page.
I also highly recommend Dr. Richard Schultze’s Incurables Program.
It is hardcore, but it ain’t chemo!

Get it at herbdoc.com
(I don’t receive any compensation for recommending his program)
I know this is probably going to cause a lot of doubt and confusion as to your treatment plan.  But you asked and so I answered.
My wife and I will be praying for your healing and that God leads you in the path you should go.
Please keep us posted on your progress.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Nota: Hanya ahli blog ini sahaja yang boleh mencatat ulasan.